英语泛读教程4__课文翻译 下载本文

内容发布更新时间 : 2024/11/16 9:25:55星期一 下面是文章的全部内容请认真阅读。

第一单元第一篇

\,the 17th century British scholar. “良言不费分文,但价值甚大,”托马斯说丰满,17th世纪英国学者。

They serve to give encouragement and smooth away differences and misunderstandings, as this article explains. 他们服役给予鼓励和克服差异和误解,因为这篇文章解释了。

\her neighbor.

“也许当我一百岁时,我就会习惯吃我做的一切视为理所当然,”一个年轻的家庭主妇被任命她的邻居。

\.\ “如果法案恭维我,偶尔也好,他会使我的生活更幸福。”

Few of us realize how much we need encouragement. 我们很少有人意识到我们是多么需要鼓励的。

Yet we must bask in the warmth of approval now and then or lose our self-confidence. 但是我们仍然必须沐浴在温暖的批准,否则现在失去自己的自信。

All of us need to feel needed and admired. 我们都需要去感觉需要和赞赏。

But unless we hear words of praise from someone else,how can we know that we are valued friends or co-workers?

但是如果我们听到别人的赞扬之词,我们怎样才能知道我们有价值的朋友或同事呢? Anyone who wants to improve his relationships with others need only show a sympathetic understanding. 任何人想要提高自己的和其他人的关系之间只需要显示一个有同情心的理解。

The way to express this understanding and to give others the feeling of importance and worthiness boils down to this:always look for something in the other person you can admire and praise--and tell him about it.

这种理解的方式来表达,给别人的感觉,重要性和价值归结为:总是寻找一些其他的人,你可以欣赏和赞美——告诉他这件事。

We each have a mental picture of ourselves,a self-image. 我们每个人都有自己的脑海里,一个自我形象。

To find life reasonably satisfying,that self-image must be one we live with,one we can like. 去发现生活相当满足、自我形象必须是一个我们生活在一起的人,一个我们可以像。

When we are proud of our self-image,we feel confident and free to be ourselves. 当我们以我们的队伍为荣的自我形象,我们相信自由是我们自己。

We function at our best. 我们最好的一面。我们功能

When we are ashamed of our self-image,we attempt to hide it rather than express it. 当我们自觉惭愧我们自己,我们尝试把它藏起来,而不是把它表达出来。

We become hostile and hard to get along with.

我们变得敌意和很难相处。

A miracle happens to the person whose self-esteem has been raised. 会发生奇迹的人的自尊已经复活了。

He suddenly likes other people better. 他突然喜欢其他的人更好地。

He is kinder and more cooperative with those around him. 他是仁慈和更多的合作与他周围的那些人。

Praise is the polish that helps keep his self-esteem bright and sparkling. 赞美是波兰才使他的自尊心明亮晶莹剔透。

What has this to do with your giving praise? 这有什么用你的赞美?

A lot.You have the ability to perform that kind of miracle in another person. 一个lot.You有能力执行这样的奇迹在另一个人。

When you add to his self-esteem,you make him want to like you and to cooperate with you. 当你加入他的自尊,你让他想爱你,与你携手合作。

In a classic bit of advice,Lord Chesterfield suggested to his son that he fellow the example of the Duck de Nivernois:\will perceive that he makes people pleased with him by making them first pleased with themselves.\

在一个经典的一些建议,主切斯特了他的建议,他的儿子为例Nivernois鸭德:“你会认识到他使人满意他通过使他们第一次满意自己。”

The effects of praise can be great indeed. 赞美的影响可以确定无疑。

A new minister called to a church jokingly referred to as \ its coolness toward strangers.

一个新部长被召到教堂开玩笑地称为“冰箱”,决定不指责他的会众面前它对于陌生人冷淡。

Instead,he beban welcoming visitors from the pulpit and telling his flock how friendly they were. 相反,他beban接待来访者从讲坛,告诉自己的羊群怎样友好他们。

Time after time he held up a picture of the church as he wanted it to be,giving his people a reputation to live up to. 一次又一次地让他举起了一幅巨大的教堂,因为他想做的,让他百姓的名声,使其与之相配。

The congregation thawed. 会众解冻。

\“赞扬改变了颗冰块或成员带入人类温情的,”他说。

Sincerity is essential in giving praise. 真诚的赞美是十分必要的。

It lends potency to a compliment. 它把一个恭维。效力

Coming home after a hard day's work ,the man who sees the faces of his children pressed against the window,watching for him,can water his soul with their silent but golden opinion.

回家后,一天的辛苦工作的人,看到他的孩子们的脸紧贴着窗外,看着他,他们自己的灵魂能水无声但黄金的意见。

Praise helps rub off the sharp edges of daily contact. 赞美有助于掉色刀边上的日常联系。

Nowhere is this truer than in marriage. 没有哪个国家比在婚姻。

Yet it is perhaps in the home that the value of praise is less appreciated than elsewhere. 然而,这也许是在家里的价值比其他地方更少感谢赞美。

The spouse who is alert to say the heartening thing at the right moment has learned one of the most important requirements for a happy family life.

配偶谁是提醒说令人振奋的事情正好学会最重要的条件之一,一个幸福的家庭生活。

Children ,especially,are hungry for praise,reassurance and appreciation. 儿童,特别是,都渴望赞美,安全感和欣赏。

A young mother told her pastor of a heartrending incident: 一位年轻的母亲告诉她的牧师令人伤感的事:

\ “我的小男孩常常言语,我不得不骂他。

But one day he has been especially good. 但是有一天,他一直特别好。

That night,after I trucked him in bed and started downstairs,I heard him crying. 那天晚上,我躺在床上,开始交换他下楼时,我听到他在哭。

I found his head buried in the pillow. 我发现他的头埋在枕头里。

Between sobs he asked,'Mommy,haven't I been a pretty boy today?'\他啜泣之间问道:“妈妈,我还没成为一个漂亮的男孩,今天好吗?”

\ “这个问题经过我像刀子一样,”妈妈说。

\ “我已很快纠正他当他做错了,可是当他的表现之后,我没注意到。

I had put him to bed without a word of praise.\ 我已经把他放到床没有一句赞扬。”