A. that B. which C. what D. whether
8. —You should spend as much time as you can__ ▲___the piano.
A. practicing playing B. practice to play C. practice playing D. practicing play
9. —We find ___▲___ impossible for us to learn a foreign language well in a short time.
A. it B. this C. one D. that
10. —The green bag reminded the old man __▲___ the days when he was young.
A. with B. by C. of D. at 11. —White doesn’t look good ___▲____ you,but you look cool ___▲__ black.
A. on ; on B. on ; in C . in ; in D. in ;on
12. —Do you have any difficulty___▲___ the work in two days?
A. to finish B. finishes C. finished D. finishing
13. —Excuse me,can I have a talk with Mr Miller this afternoon?
—A moment,please. Let me check ▲ .
A. if Mr Miller will be free
D. whether does Mr B. whether will Mr
Miller have time
C. if Mr Miller had a meeting Miller come back
14. —Many people think women are better at cooking than men.
—___▲___.Most top chefs(厨师) in the world are men.
A. I agree B.Exactly C. That’s not the case
D. Not at all
Everyone needs friends. We all like to __1_ close to someone . __2__ is nice to have a friend to talk , laugh ,and do things with. __3__,sometimes we need to be alone . We don’t always want people __4__. But we would feel lonely if we _5__ had a friend. No two people are __6__ . Friends __7_ don‘t get on well .That doesn’t mean __8___ they no longer like each other. Most of the time they will make up and become __9___ again . Sometimes friends move away. Then we feel very __10___. We miss them very much, but we can call them and write to them . It could be that we could even see them again. And we can make new friends .
1. A. look B. watch C. feel D. see 2. A. It B. He C. There D. Someone 3. A .Hardly B. Nearly C. Suddenly D. Certainly
4. A. alone B .away C. all over D. around
5. A. ever B. never C. just D. really 6. A. friendly B .kind C. just the same D. quite different
7. A .always B. sometimes C. often D. usually
8. A .that B. whether C. how D. why 9. A. friendly B. good C. pleased D. friends
10. A. angry B. sad C. happy D. alone 四、阅读理解 (共10小题；每小题2分，计20分)
I wonder if there is any girl or boy who does not like to see a rainbow in the sky. It is beautiful. There is a story, saying that whenever you see a rainbow you should run at once to the place where it touches the ground, and there you would find a pot of gold. Of course it is not true. Neither you could find gold, nor would you ever find its end. No matter how far you run, it always seems far away.
A rainbow is not a thing which we can feel with our hands as we can feel a flower. It is only the effect(结果) of light shining on
raindrops. The raindrops catch the sunlight and break it up into all the wonderful colours which we see.
It is called a rainbow perhaps because it is made up of raindrops and looks like a bow(弓).
That is why we can never see a rainbow in a clear sky. We see rainbows only when there is rain in the air and the sun is shining brightly through the clouds. Every rainbow has many colours in the same order. The first or the top colours is always red, next comes orange, then green, and last of all, blue. A rainbow is indeed one of the wonders of nature.
1. We can not feel _______with our hands.
A. gold B. a flower C. a rainbow D. a raindrop
2. We can see a rainbow________.
A. when it is raining heavily B. when it is snowing
C. in a clear sky D. When it becomes fine shortly after raining.
3. Which of the follow is NOT right?
A. A rainbow is always far away from us.
B. A rainbow is the effect of light shining on raindrops. C. A rainbow is created by scientists. D. A rainbow is one of the wonders of nature.
Modern life is impossible without traveling. The fastest way of traveling is by air. With a modern airliner （客机） you can travel in one day to places which it took a month or more to get to a hundred years ago.
Traveling by train is slower than by air, but it has its advantages （便利）. You can see the country you are traveling through. Modern trains have comfortable seats and dining cars. They make even the longest journey enjoyable.
Some people prefer to travel by sea when possible. There
are large liners and river boats. You can visit many other countries and different places. Traveling by sea is a very pleasant way to spend a holiday.
Many people like to travel by car. You can make your own timetable （时间表）. You can travel three or four hundred miles or only fifty or one hundred miles a day, just as you like. You can stop wherever you wish where there is something interesting to see, at a good restaurant where you can enjoy a good meal, or at a hotel to spend the night. That is why traveling by car is popular for pleasure trips, while people usually take a train or a plane when they are traveling on business.
4. From the passage we know the fastest way traveling is